What personal information do we collect?
"Personal Data" is any data relating to an identified or identifiable person; an identifiable person is someone who can be directly or indirectly identified. We collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Name, address, and domicile;
- E-mail address;
- Telephone number;
- IP address;
- Information about your purchases through and use of the Website.
Certain Personal Information is necessary for our services, for example, because without this information we will not be able to fulfill an order placed by you. If the provision of Personal Data is necessary for your use of our services, this will be indicated at the time you provide your Personal Data.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We, and our service providers, collect Personal Data in a variety of ways, including:
Through the Website - We collect Personal Information through the Website, for example, if you sign up for a newsletter, create an account on the Website, or make a purchase through the Website.
Through Social Media - We also collect Personal Information if You choose to chat with us, contact us through our social media pages such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter or via WhatsApp. If you contact us through any of these channels, we will keep the information you provide to us through these channels in a secure environment. In order to respond to personal questions in your social media message, we may ask you in a personal message (direct message or email) to share your contact information with us. We can then verify that we are talking to the right person.
The data we receive from you via these platforms is subject to this privacy statement. The use of social media is your own responsibility. This privacy statement does not apply to the way in which social media platforms deal with the personal data you provide. Please note that many social media platforms are located outside the European Union and store data outside the European Union. In that case, the privacy legislation of the European Union usually does not apply. We advise you to consult the privacy statements of these social media channels for more information about the way in which they process your personal data.
How do we use your personal data?
We, and our service providers, use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Sending you weekly newsletters and/or other marketing related materials;
- Sending you marketing related (digital) communications regarding our services, products and other news about caseyamsterdam.com;
- Sending you (digital) communications containing personalized offers based on your purchases and your use of the Website, or to remind you that there are still products in your shopping basket on the Website.
We will send these messages if you have given your consent, or to the extent that we have a legitimate interest in doing so. In addition, we use the data for:
- personalising your experience on the Website; and
- understanding your preferences so that we can tailor the Website to your preferences.
We will personalise your experience on the Website if you have given your consent or to the extent that we have a legitimate interest in doing so.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We share your Personal Information with:
- Our service providers, to facilitate these services.
- These include, for example, hosting providers, carriers (PostNL) or marketing service providers.
How long do we retain your personal data?
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary or permitted in light of the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected or is used (see the section "How do we use your Personal Data?"), unless we are required by law or regulation to retain your Personal Data for a shorter or longer period. We determine the specific retention period on the basis of the following criteria:
- As long as you have an account on the Website. After 2 years of inactivity, we will send you a reminder asking you if you wish to keep your account. If you do not respond, your account will be deleted.
- As long as you use the Website. We keep the data about your use of the Website for 2 years.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we collect and use your Personal Data, please contact us at [email protected]. If you wish to exercise your right to inspect, correct or delete your Personal Data, if you want a copy of your Personal Data, if you wish to exercise your right to portability, or if you wish to request us to limit the processing of your Personal Data or if you wish to object to this processing, you can do so via these contact details. You also have the right to complain to the data protection authority of your country or region, or at the site of the alleged infringement.
Do you have a question about the GDPR or your personal data to which you cannot find an answer on our website? Feel free to let us know so that we can help you further. On this page you will find our contact details.